Saturday, September 14, 2013

Exalted


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091413.cfm) reminds me who God wants to be exalted

Sharing an excerpt of the gospel.

And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert,
so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.”

At first look, this verse seems weird. Why is Jesus being compared to the serpent? We see in the first reading the basis for this statement. The Serpent in the desert was made to heal the people, to literally save the people from death from serpent bites. Not only does it heal and give life, it makes things new. The serpents were feared because their bites killed people in the dessert, but now the bronze serpent removes that fear, by showing the power to heal bites and make people lives is stronger than the power to kill.

In the same way the people who were bitten by serpents should look at the exalted bronze serpent to live and be saved, we too should look up at Jesus and exalt him in our lives so that we too would be healed and be saved. Christ’s healing and salvation is for all. He died for us all. Like the bronze serpent, it can heal anyone but will not be able to do so if people will not come to it. In the same way, Jesus cannot heal and save us if we do not come to him, if we do not make him God in our lives, if we do not exalt him in our lives.

May we remember that it is easy to be healed and be saved. We know what to do. Question is, are we willing to do it?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you for your great love and power that heals and saves. Thank you for showing us the greatest love. Lord, I am sorry for the times I turn to other things or people to save me or to heal me. Sorry for not making you my first option like you should be. I pray that you help me do my resolve – to make you God in my life, to make you first in my life, to make you king of my life, so that I may truly be healed and saved. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...