Sunday, September 8, 2013

First in Your Life


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090813.cfm) reminds me that God wants to be first in our lives.

When I first started working, i was made to attend a training for all new employees in the specific technology. After the training, we were given our ranking and found out I was top three in the whole group. One time during lunch, our family talked about work and asked me how my training was. I told them I was top three, and my uncle, though happy for my accomplishment, told me that next time maybe I can be number one. The rapper Nelly captures this in his song.. I am number one.. two is not a winner and three nobody remembers…”

In the same way us human beings want to be number one in what we do, God also wants to be number one – in our lives.

The gospel says that anyone who loves his family, or his posessions, more that Christ cannot be his disciple. Yes, God should be number one in our lives, if we really want to be his disciples. No one, or nothing should get in the way of us serving God, of us doing things for him, of us loving Him.

It may be difficult and challenging, but as we remain faithful disciples of God, we will constantly reminded that all our act of love for him is worth it. And without us asking for it, they will always be rewarded by our loving, gracious and generous God.

What or who is number one in my life right now? What am I living for? What or Who do I do things for? Who do I offer my success and my setbacks in life? What do I need to let go to make God the number one in my life?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another Sunday. Lord, I am excited for what is in store for me today! I thank you for always being there to surprise me, to love me and to bless me. I pray that I always make you number one in my life. May no one and nothing ever take your place as first in my life, and may no one and nothing be in the way of my service to you. All this I ask in Jesus name, through the intercession of Mama Mary, Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...