Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hear and Act


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092413.cfm) reminds us that hearing should be accompanied by acting.

The Bible says that “Faith comes from hearing the WORD of God” but the word today reminds us that it is not enough to just hear it.

In the gospel, we see who Jesus considers his family. Those who hear the word and act on it. Yes, hearing is important, but it does not end there. We also need to act, to live it. We need to take hearing a step further.

In our lives, there are a lot of people God uses to send us his message. We come across different kinds of people, and even things and circumstances. Through these, we realize things. We understand God’s message. We know God more. Yes, that’s good, but we need to do something about it. Hindi pwedeng puro realizations lang. if we don’t act upon the realization, we haven’t really learned anything. If we don’t live our lives according to God’s message, we really did not understand him at all. IF we don’t live a life pleasing to God, if we don’t love God above all – then we really don’t know God.

May we be inspired and challenged by Jesus words: “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and ACT on it.”

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day. Lord, thank you for always speaking to me through your word, and through different people, things and circumstances in my life. I am sorry for the times I get contented with just hearing you word. Sorry for the times I feel that learning about you is enough. Lord, as I feel you, as I get to know you more, may I also act and do my part. May I live a life pleasing to you, living what I learn from you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...