Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hear and Act


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092512.cfm) reminds me that God wants me to act, aside from hearing and knowing his Word.

Knowing is different from doing. Knowing the law is different from following the law. Knowing God and his commands is different from following and doing God’s commands. Knowing God is not enough, for even the devil knows God! God calls us to further our faith and prove our love to Him by not being contented in knowing Him, but doing his commands us well.

God plays no favourites. Although there were chosen people, they were not saved simply because they were chosen. God still needs us to act and do our part. In the gospel, we see Jesus validating this, when he said that those who hear God’s word and act on it are his family. Indeed it is true what Saint Augustine said, “God who created us without us, cannot save us without us.” We need to want being saved, and out of that desire and that love, stems our action of following God’s word, doing his will, and being his ambassador here on earth.

Do I know God? How? What do I do, or can I do, so that I can know God more? Am I contented with knowing God, or am I moved to act on it as well? What can I do today so I can prove to God that I love him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me, even if I don’t deserve your love. I know that you don’t need me, you don’t need my love, but you love me because you are loving, because you are love. Lord, I ask that you give me the heart that would desire to know you more. May I have a passion to get to know you more, and do my part so I can know you more. And out of that, may I always be willing to act and do your will and be your ambassador here on earth. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...