Wednesday, September 5, 2012

He Cured Them All


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090512.cfm) is a continuation of yesterday’s readings, and reminds us that Jesus cured everyone who came to him.

The reading starts with a reminder again to put the focus on God, not on His human workers. We may do things for Him, but ultimately, this is God’s work, not ours, and the fruits of our labor are not because of us, of how great a worker we are, or how tirelessly we give of ourselves, but because of God. He makes our work bear fruit. Thus, we should always give him back all the credit, and focus on Him.

The gospel shows us Jesus power as a mighty healer. He cured them all. With him, there is no sickness too big or too small. He everything from fever to people being possessed by demons. What powerful God we are serving. What loving God we are serving. We just need to humbly come to Him and with faith. We just need to submit ourselves to Him and allow him to be God in our lives. As we experience his love and power in our lives, we are also encouraged to serve Him and not be ungrateful servants who forget him after experiencing his love, blessing and healing.

Do I believe that even now, God has the power to heal the sick? Do I believe that no sickness is too small or too big for God?  Do I humbly come to God, with full faith? As I experience his blessing, healing and love, do I thank him and serve him, or do I forget about him since I already got what I wanted?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me of how powerful you are. Lord, there are a lot of sick people dear to me. Friends, family, relatives who are all experiencing sickness in one way or another. Give me the faith, Lord, that believes that nothing is too big or too small for you. Give me the faith that will surrender and trust in you completely. I know Lord that you will not disappoint, that you are our mighty healer May my faith help the faith of others to believe in you, to surrender to you. And as we receive your graces, may we never forget to thank you and serve you through others. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Related reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...