Thursday, September 27, 2012

What For?


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092712.cfm) reminds me to examine what my purpose is for looking for Jesus.

Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was happening,
and he was greatly perplexed because some were saying,
"John has been raised from the dead";
others were saying, "Elijah has appeared";
still others, "One of the ancient prophets has arisen."
But Herod said, "John I beheaded.
Who then is this about whom I hear such things?"
And he kept trying to see him.

Why was Herod looking for Jesus? To see what the fuzz is all about? To see if he is really is John? To see if he would continue John’s preaching to him? to see if Jesus is really powerful and mighty? To see if he should have Jesus beheaded too?

There could be many reasons why Herod was looking for Jesus. However, what’s more important is our reasons for looking for Jesus – if we are looking for Him in the first place. Who is Jesus for me? Who do I want him to be in my life? What am I doing so we can have the relationship that I want us to have?

Jesus is anything and everything we need. He is the Son of God. He is able. He loves us. We just need to seek him and humbly come to him, surrendering ourselves to him. IF we seek him, we will find him, if we seek him with all of our heart (Jeremiah 29:13)

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for your word that tells me I will find you if I look for you with all of my heart. Lord, I ask that you give me a heart that will look for you for the right reasons. As I search for you, allow me to let you love me, for I know that out of that love, you will slowly transform me to love you and become more and more like you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...