Friday, September 21, 2012

Bear with One Another


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092112.cfm) reminds me that it is not without challenge to live with others in community.

In life, there will be conflicts, even among children of God. We all have different backgrounds, different personalities, different attitudes and different ways of reacting to situations and coping with situations. This is why it is not surprising to have conflicts among members of the church, of the community. This is why, during times of conflicts, we are reminded to bear with each other with love, remembering that all of us are serving God in the way we can, accepting each other as co-servant of God, and loving each other despite our differences. Focus on God, the one we are serving, not on our differences and conflicts.

IF we focus on conflicts, hurts and differences, our service will be affected. No matter what we do, there will always be people not agreeing with us. In the gospel Jesus himself experienced this. He gave Matthew a second chance, but instead of being happy about it,  some people were questioning him. However, instead of letting this distraction affect Him, Jesus instead continued to focus on God and the task assigned to Him. He did not let this dampen his spirits and just continued serving God, doing the purpose he was called to do.

What are the conflict/s in my life right now? How do I handle it? Do I remember to bear with one another in Love, focusing on God instead of on the conflicts? Do I let distractions bother my service to God, or do I pray that I keep focused on Him?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for speaking to me. Thank you  for reminding me that there will always be conflicts and misunderstandings, but these things should not affect my service to you. Lord, I ask that you give me a heart that will continue to love my brothers and sisters in Christ, despite our differences and conflicts. I also ask that I continue to be able to focus on you amidst all distractions in life, knowing that even your Son Jesus experienced distractions and challenges on earth. I know that you will be pleased, especially when I continue to love and serve you despite these challenges. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...