Sunday, September 16, 2012

Faith and Action


Today’s WORD (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091612.cfm) remind us that we need action to go with our faith.

The reading says it explicitly – “Faith without works is dead.” As followers of Christ, we need to live our faith. Our actions should be a testament of our faith. We cannot just say we have faith in God and we love God if we do not move our feet and do things for other people for the glory of God. We cannot say we lift everything to God and have faith that God will provide for others. He needs people too to reach out to others. God needs us to help out others and make them feel his love. As we do that, not only are they blessed, but we too as well.

God asks us to walk the talk.  God asks us to act. He is not contented with lip service – with words professing our faith and love to him. He himself said in today’s gospel – whoever wants to follow me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. Sumunod daw. Gumalaw. He himself did this, when he died on the cross for us, to save us from our sins and give us everlasting life. He did not just say I love God and I love you guys – he lived his faith and his love, even when it is difficult and painful.

Am I living my faith in God, or do I just do lip service? How far am I willing to go to live my faith? Do I just work when I feel like it, or am I willing to step out of my comfort zone and do things for God even if it is not easy to, even if it is not comfortable for me? How can I encourage others to live their faith as well?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how important it is to live my faith. Lord, I am sorry for the times I failed you, for the times I did not do as you please. I ask that you help me life my life as a testament of my faith. May I be willing to move my feet and step out of my comfort zone for you – to make your love alive in people and to live our my faith and love for you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...