Sunday, September 23, 2012

Actively Seeking God’s Will


Today’s WORD (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092312.cfm) reminds me to actively seek God’s will in my life.

In the gospel, we see Jesus sharing what will happen to the disciples. The disciples did not understand, but instead of asking him to explain to them, they became afraid and did nothing. It may be because they did not care, or they were afraid Jesus would be mad since they did not understand, or they did not want to really understand because it will bring them to the reality of suffering. Instead, they argued who was the greatest among them, then Jesus taught them another lesson.

In life, we will not understand everything that is happening to us. However, we should not be contented with that. We should do our part and actively seek God’s will, especially when we don’t understand things. This does not guarantee that we would understand what is happening, but in every step of the way, we should seek his will and have faith in Him.

What things in life do I not understand now? What do I do about it? Do I do my part, pray, and actively seek God’s will in my life, or do I just wait passively for things to happen? What can I do today to know God more?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for always being there for me, even if I do not feel you or I do not understand what is happening in my life. Lord, I ask that you give me the grace and perseverance to actively seek your will in my life, especially when I don’t understand things. May I have full faith in you and your plans for me, knowing that you have the best in store for me. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...