Saturday, September 29, 2012

Are You Willing?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092912.cfm) asks me if I am willing to fight for God.

As we celebrate the feast of Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, we see that they fought Satan. Though they knew that Satan was no match to God, they still did their part and fought for God. It probably was not an easy fight, but they had faith in God’s power. We see their faith being rewarded as they see and experience God’s dominion, power and love.

We are also asked to do the same, to fight for God. The battle with Satan is real. In as much as God is real, Satan is real and is working hard to deceive us. We are asked to remain faithful to God and be soldiers fighting for Him and His kingdom – not because God can win without us, yes he can and he has, but because we love him and wants others to experience that love as well. As we fight for God, we should be grounded and close to Him, getting strength from Him, to avoid being deceived by the enemy.

Am I willing to fight for God and his kingdom? Do I know that the fight with the enemy is real? Am I afraid of the enemy and its power, or do I remain focused on God and His kingship and dominion, knowing that He already won? Am I grounded and close to God so as to avoid being deceived by the enemy?

Father God,
I praise and thank you for today. Thank you for another opportunity to rest and refresh. Lord, thank you for winning the war for me. Thank you that because I am your child, the enemy has no power over me, that I can use your name and claim victory over the enemy. I ask that you give me a heart that would be willing to fight for you, and will continue to get nourishment from you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...