Thursday, September 20, 2012

More for more


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092012.cfm) reminds me that the more we are aware of God’s goodness to us, the more we will love and serve Him.

In the gospel, the pharisees do not necessarily have less sins. I believe they are just self righteous, having the impression that they are holy people. They are closed to receiving God’s love and fogiveness because they think they do not need it.

This is opposite to what the woman was feeling. She knows she is sinful. She knows that she desperately needs the love and forgiveness of God. She generously gives of herself and what she has, to receive that love and forgiveness. As for us, we don’t need to do these things. We already have God’s love and forgiveness. We just have to be aware and receive it – and out of that, continue loving and serving God.

Do I realize that I also need God’s love and forgiveness, or am I self-righteous like the Pharisees? What am I willing to give God as a sign of my love and gratitude for all he has done for me? What am I holding back, unwilling to let go for him? How can I express in a concrete way, my love and appreciation for Him?

Father God,
Thank you for this day. Thank you for always reminding me and speaking to me through your WORD. Lord, I ask that you help me always be aware how much I need your love and forgiveness in my life. May I always be aware and be always be grateful for that. As a result of your love, Lord, help me love others back as a way of serving you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...