Monday, September 17, 2012

Never Too Late


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091712.cfm) reminds us that no sickness is too grave to receive the power of God’s healing

In the gospel, we see the slave who is terminally ill. People tend to think that a person who’s terminally ill is just waiting for time. Yes, that’s how we would normally think. That’s how we would logically think. However, we see a centurion with great faith, not to mention genuine kindness towards others, even his slaves. By God’s grace and power, what the enemy intended for death and destruction, was turned into something great and glorious for God, through the centurion. Amidst the worldly situation, the centurion had unwavering faith in Christ’s power over sickness and death, and we see his faith being rewarded.

The condition for a miracle is difficulty. A condition for a great miracle is impossibility

Again, we see Jesus showing us how powerful and loving God is. We are encouraged to be like the centurion, who genuinely cared for others, even his slaves, and showed great, unwavering faith in God, especially during very difficult and seemingly impossible situations.

Is my faith based on the situations in life, or is my faith in God constant and unwavering? Do I let sickness overcome me, or do I have faith in the power of God over sickness? Who is the one person that comes into my mind as I read the gospel? Do I realize that God can use my faith to heal that person, no matter how impossible we may think the situation may be?

Father God,
Thank you for another week! Thank you for the weekend. Bitin sya, as always, but I am thankful that I was able to rest and at the same time, have fun with good friends and spend time with people closest to me. Lord, I thank you for your message today. Thank you for reminding me how loving and powerful you are. I ask that you help me have faith like the centurion. May I have faith in your word, may I have faith in your power. Remind me, Lord, that nothing is impossible for you, and that you can use my faith to heal others, no matter what the situation may be. May you always be glorified. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-


Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...