Saturday, July 21, 2012

Unlimited


What struck me in today’s gospel were Jesus and his unlimited power. Nakaka inspire! 
Many people followed him, and he cured them all.”
Wow! How great is that!
Unlimited ang power nya! Hindi nauubusan. It does not matter how many come to him. He healed them all!
God does not choose whom he heals. It doesn’t matter how simple or severe their concern was. It doesn’t matter what background they had. It doesn’t matter if they were Jews or Gentiles. He healed them all. He cured all of their concerns. As long as the people had faith in him, he could cure them.
God does not look at our situation as much as he looks at our hearts. What is inside our heart is more important to him than how severe our sickness or what background we have. A humble heart filled with faith in him is all he needs to cure us.
Do I believe that God can cure whatever my concern is, or do I think that his power is limited to the olden times? Do I come to God for healing? Do I have faith and am I humble when I come before him? Do I come to God with all my concerns, or do I think that I should not bother him at all? Do I think my problem is too big or too petty for Him?
May we always remember how powerful and gracious God is. Yes, he cured them all, and he can and will cure us, if we come to him.
Dear God,
Thank you for your grace and your power. Thank you for taking care of me, from my seemingly larger than life concerns, to my petty concerns. Yes Lord, I know that as I come to you, you can and will heal me. I know that nothing is too big or too small for you, and that you don’t run out of power and grace. Thank you for that, Lord. In my own little way, may I bring people to you for their healing. Amen.
Have a blessed day!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...