Wednesday, July 11, 2012

He sent them out


In today’s gospel, we see Jesus sending the disciples out into the world. First, Jesus gave them what they needed. He spent a lot of time with them, praying with them, teaching them, developing their faith. Then in today’s gospel, it explicitly says that Jesus gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and cure every disease and illness. Astig diba, ang lakas! =)
Jesus first took care of the needs of his apostles. Hindi sila pinili, tapos pinadala agad sa mundo. He first nurtured them. He took care of them. He strengthened them. As young in the faith, this is what God does to us. He nurtures us. He teaches us things. He slowly reveals himself to us. He is asking that we see his importance, and that we build our own personal relationship with him. This is when we start getting strong, founded on him.
However, it does not stop there. God did not bless us only for ourselves. Our blessings, our faith, our whole being is not only for ourselves. It should be used to build the kingdom of God, and God asks us to do just that. He will send us out.
Having a strong faith and relationship with God is useless if it does not build God’s kingdom. Our lives should magnify God, and should make people want to love God more. This is why Jesus, after making sure they are ready, sent out the apostles. We too, once we get enough foundation, are asked to go out into the world and build God’s kingdom. We do not necessarily need to go to different places and become a missionary to do this. In our own respective homes, work, and community, we can be ambassadors of Christ by living a life centered on Him.
Am I willing to build God’s kingdom or do I just want to benefit from Him? Am I willing to give of myself to bless others and proclaim his kingdom? Am I living a life proclaiming God’s goodness? How can I be an ambassador of Christ in where I am right now?
Father God,
I thank and praise you for providing all that I need to serve you. Thank you for taking care of me, and for making sure I grow in faith. You never cease to provide opportunities for me to build my faith and strengthen my relationship with you. Lord, I ask that you help me have the heart that would go the extra mile for you. May I be a willing instrument for your work. May I be selfless and be willing to go out of my comfort zone to build your kingdom. Help me live my life proclaiming your greatness. Amen.
Stay blessed!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps,
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...