Friday, July 13, 2012

Founded in Faith


The gospel today is an example of an inspiring promise of God to us.

When they hand you over,
do not worry about how you are to speak
or what you are to say.
You will be given at that moment what you are to say.
For it will not be you who speak
but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you

Challenges will always be there, but again, Christ tells us not to worry. He’s got our back.

I’ve always imagined how it is like to live during those times. Being persecuted for proclaiming the gospel is not easy, much more face influential and powerful pagan leaders. How much anxiety would there be in their hearts. However, Christ tells us not to worry. He will give us what we should say.

Pano kaya yun? Bigla ka nalang magsasalita? Bigla ka nalang tatalino?

Probably yes, but that is not alone. You cant just live your life not thinking about God, and expect to say these things when faced with problems.

You can’t give what you don’t have.

You can’t give a testimony about Christ is you do not have a personal relationship with him.

The disciples, because they do God’s work, definitely have a personal relationship with Christ. It goes without saying that they can say these things because they have faith in God, they have faith in God’s word and power because they have a personal relationship with God.

How can we have that?

We know that God is everywhere and all around us. We can easily talk to him anytime. However, today’s technology makes it easier to know things about him. There are a lot of books and resources that would make us know him more. There are a lot of faith stories that would help us build our own faith. The bible is always there. We just need to make use of these things around us, and spend time with him in prayer, and eventually, we will be living a life pleasing to him, because we love him, because we know him and have a personal relationship with him already.

How is my relationship with God? Am I working on building my personal relationship with him? How? How is my faith? Do I build my faith as well? Do I practice and live my faith?

Dear God,
Thank you for this week. It was a fast one. Lord, as I head into the weekend, I know you still have great things in store for me. Lord, use this weekend to reach out to me. Help me build my faith, help me build my relationship with you. Help me strengthen whatever relationship with you I have, and may it bring other people to you. All this I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

Have a blessed Friday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...