Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I know that I do not know


There was a story that in olden times, people were asking who were the wisest person on earth. Then an oracle, a priest or priestess who gives prophecy or advice from gods, said that Socrates is the wisest man – because he knows that he does not know.

The gospel today reminds me of that thought. I know that I do not know.

The disciples did not pretend to know or understand what the parable is about. (see related reflection http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/07/weed.html They did not pretend to know the lesson behind the parable. They were humble enough to ask Jesus what it meant, so they can understand it in their lives.

In life, there are a lot of things we don’t understand. There are a lot of situations or events when we cant seem to understand the logic behind. We cant seem to understand God’s reason for a lot of things. This is why we should be humble enough to come to God and ask for his guidance, his explanation.

When coming to him, we should not only be humble, we should also have faith. Have faith in his word that says: “If you look for me you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all of your heart(Jeremiah 29:13). God says that if we look for him with all of our heart, if we come to him in faith and humility, we will find him. We may not immediately know his purpose or his plans, but we should have faith that he has the best intentions for us, he has great plans for us. I know well the plans I have for you, plans for your welfare and not your woe, plans to give you a future of hope (Jeremiah 29:11)

Looking in my life, what is something I do not understand? How do I react? Do I humble, and in faith, come to Jesus for guidance and enlightenment, or do I try to resolve things on my own?

Father God,
Thank you for who you are. Thank you for reminding me through the gospel, that I just need to come to you, humble and in faith, and you will guide me. Your explanation may not be immediate, but I just have to seek you with all my heart, and trust in faith that you have great plans for me. May I always seek you and may I always be humble enough to know that I do not know everything. Amen.

Have a blessed day!


In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...