Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weed


The gospel today reminds us that God is in control.

In the gospel, we see the enemy planting weeds in the farmer’s field with good seed. However, when the farmer saw it, he did not had it immediately cut out, even if he knew it was from the enemy. Instead, he gave time for the weed and the wheat, then when the time is right, he separated them from each other and burned the weed.

What a way to remind us that God is in control.

God does not panic. When he saw the weeds, he knew it was the enemy’s work. However, he knew pulling them out at once might affect those wheat who are still growing their roots. It may look like he was not in control because the enemy was able to plant weeds which grew. For that instance, probably doesn’t look like it. However, we see that in the end, he was in full control, and he burned the weeds and the wheat were able to grow fully.

God is in control of our lives. Sometimes we may not feel like it. Sometimes we may only see the weeds. Sometimes we fail to focus the growing wheat and see the annoying weed, and say, God is not in control. We may see evil people prospering, we may see them being rich and powerful. We sometimes focus on them, and fail to see God slowly working in people who are developing their roots, on people ready and willing to bear fruit for him. He gives us time to develop and serve him. however, when the time comes, he will come and separate the weed from the productive wheat. That is what we should look forward to.

Do I know that God is in control of my life and of everything? Do I focus on the enemy and the seemingly powerful weeds in my life and in the world? Am I afraid of them,? Do I lose faith on God? Am I willing to wait until I grow in faith and produce fruits for him? Am I excited when he comes to separate the weeds from the wheat?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me that you are in control, even if sometimes, it does not look like it. Lord, I ask that I always trust in you and that I always focus on you, even if there are seemingly powerful and annoying weeds around me. May I trust that you are allowing us to grow roots and enable us to withstand the weeds in our lives. Amen.

Have a blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...