Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Prayer

Father God,
Like the people in the gospel, here we are coming to you in prayer. Lord, we are hungry and thirsty for your word.  We recognize that the world cannot satisfy us. The world and all its pleasures cannot quench our thirst. Only you Lord satisfies. Only you lord can give us what we are looking for. Only you can give us real peace, real contentment, real happiness and real love. So Lord, like the people, we humbly come to you so you can fill us.
Father God, we ask for faith. Lord, when faced with a seemingly impossible situation, we react like Philip. We judge based on human standards. We instantly say, imposible naman yan! Sometimes we are like Andrew. We seem to have faith. We seem to be in the right direction. We do not readily say it is impossible. We say “we may have a chance” but after that, we go back to reality and look whatever we have and say, “anong magagawa nito , Lord?” We belittle what we have. We let the world distract us. We let the lies of the enemy deceive us. We lose our focus on you.
Lord, we sometimes forget your word that says nothing impossible to those who have faith. Lord, help us be like the little boy, who surrendered himself and gave everything he has. I bet lord hindi nya alam kung anong gagawin nyo, hindi nya alam kung sino mapapakain ng pagkain nya, but nonetheless, he gave it all to you. Lord, I know yun lang naman ang kailangan mo eh. You just need me to surrender. You just need me to have faith. You just need me to let go of everything I have and let you take control. What we can offer is more than enough for you. Alam kong ikaw na ang bahala Lord, I just have to have faith and surrender to you. I just have to let you use me.
Lord, we have a lot of intentions. We pray for our country. We pray for our communities. We pray for our families. We pray for our careers.  Alam naming Lord na madaming kailangang gawin, madaming kailangang ayusin, madaming kailangang baguhin. On our own lord talagang hindi naming kaya. but Lord, with you, nothing is impossible. Give us the faith to trust in you wholeheartedly. Enable us lord to surrender and let you take control and use us. I know Lord whatever little I think I can give, as long as I let you use me, will be magnified and will be enough for you to accomplish your purpose. Lord, help me surrender and empty myself of everything that is not of you so that you can fill me with what is yours. Only then can I be an effective instrument of your work.
Lord, we lift up to you our intentions. We lift up the sick. We claim in faith that you will restore to perfect health these people so they may continue to serve you with a healthy body. We lift up the members of our family and those dear to us. Keep us safe lord, keep us healthy, and protect us Lord. Keep us close to you, and keep us surrendered to you. We lift up our career. Lord, kayo na ang bahala sa amin. Guide us to where we could glorify you the most, and to where we could make a living and at the same time, have enough time to serve you. Lord, we lift up our relationships to you. May you always be in the center of our relationship, and may we bring each other closer to you.
Lord, help us and teach us how to surrender to you daily, in little ways fist, then slowly surrendering our lives to you. We know that you would use us and do mighty things through us, as long as we trust you, and as long as our focus is on you. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...