Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blessed ka!


At first look, the gospel today seem to support what is happening in society today
To anyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich;
from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away
Rich people get richer, poor people get poorer. That’s how society works, and it seems that the gospel affirms that.
True? Of course not! If we look at the phrase before this, Jesus was talking about “Knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.” Yes, that is what this is about – not earthly riches. However, both have something in common – what you have, or don’t have, does not necessarily come from God. Human effort has a lot to do with it.
Generally, people do things, whether ethical or not, to get richer. Same goes with knowledge of God’s kingdom. Jesus Christ came for all. He saved us all. Pantay pantay tayo. Sabi nga sa gospel, he makes the sun shine on both the good and the bad.
IF we want our relationship with God to grow deeper, if we want to strengthen our faith, if we want to understand him more, then it’s up to us. We should work for it. Nanjan and bible. Nanjan ang sacraments. Nanjan and prayer. Nanjan ang community. Lahat ng kailangan natin to build our faith and our relationship with God is available. Thus, if we really work for it, whatever faith we receive from God will become bigger and we will grow richer in knowledge of Him.
Same is true on the other side. If we choose to seek our own interests, if we follow our will and harden our hearts to God, then kung anuman yung faith na bibigay nya ay mawawala na talaga. Will he take it away? Of course not. Decision natin yun eh. It is our decision to let the devil take away everything that is of God that is in us, thus we are left with nothing.
Nasaan ka? I believe the fact that you’re reading this means you’re getting richer in faith, knowledge and relationship with him. Kaya, blessed ka! You have something the world cannot take away. You have God’s love and God’s peace in your life. You have God in your life. No matter where you are in your journey or relationship with him, you have him, and that’s what’s important. That’s what blesses you. That’s what you should continue to improve on.
What is my definition of being blessed? Is it based purely on material things? Do I know and believe that I am blessed? Do I have God in my life? How can I become richer and become closer to him? What am I willing to do to be there?
Dear God,
Thank you for reminding me that I am blessed. Lord, ang daming problema sa buhay. Ang daming challenges. Ang daming temptations. But Lord, the fact that you are in my life makes me feel blessed. Makes me feel special. Lord, alam kong mahal na mahal mo ako kaya pumayag kang mamatay sa krus para sa kasalanan ko. May I always remember that, and may I always remember that in spite of all the things that are happening in the world, I should keep my focus on you and I should work in getting close to you, in getting rich in my knowledge of you. Then I will always feel that indeed, I am blessed. Amen.
Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...