Saturday, July 14, 2012

Do not be afraid


The short gospel today repeats the phrase “do not be afraid” three (3) times. This is how much God wants to tell and assure us not to be afraid and trust in Him.

Life is not easy. There will be a lot of challenges. We are living in the world, and we know that Christ, our master, is NOT of this world. We know that the enemy controls this world. Thus, we can expect this world not to treat us the best possible way, simply because we are not its own. We belong to Christ, we belong to eternity with him.

When faced with these challenges, Christ tells us not to be afraid. He tells us three times in today’s gospel. Even if we are not of this world, our God is victorious and there is no reason we should be afraid of anything. No being is more powerful than God, so as long as we remain in him, there is no reason to be afraid.

Christ promises that he is watching over us. He even says that all the hair on our head is counted. That’s how much he is watching over us. When we feel we are alone, when we feel overwhelmed by the challenges of this world, we are to take courage and remember this – that God is watching over us even if we do not feel it.

Am I living in the world or of the world? What am I afraid of? Do I know and believe that Christ has won over sin and death, and there is no reason to be afraid of anything as long as we are in Him? Do I believe that God is always watching over me, even if I do not feel like it?

Dear God,
Thank you for today. Lord, I ask that this weekend, you speak to me and constantly remind me not to be afraid. I know lord that sometimes, things seem overwhelming, and I hope that I always remember to trust in you, and that you are always watching over me and protecting me even if I do not feel it. May I constantly trust in you no matter what. Amen.

Have a blessed Saturday!

In Christ.
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...