Saturday, July 7, 2012

In His Time


The readings today remind us that in God’s time, in God’s perfect time, things will unfold in front of our eyes.

I think as human beings, we generally are impatient. Especially now, in this day and age, that everything seem so fast. Everything is instant. If you want coffee, there’s instant, so you won’t have to wait for a long time. There are also a lot of instants – instant noodles, instant spaghetti, etc etc etc (yes, puro pagkain. Sarap=) ). Technology has also make life faster for us – no more waiting for weeks for the snail mail to come from your special someone – a text message is just one button away from your cellphone, no matter where in the world the other person may be. No more waiting months to get to know the person – there is social media available nowadays. I came from a seminar and people were pushing for speed – fastest way to process billions of transactions, fastest computer servers, etc etc etc. Even in our careers. People cannot seem to wait. Gusto agad maging boss. Gusto agad umangat, wala pa naming foundation. We seem to be impatient and want things get done as soon as possible.

Well, our ways are not God’s ways.

Sometimes, despite all the technology advancements around us, God wants us to be still and wait. Wait in faith for his plans to unfold.

Unfortunately, no matter what technology we use, hindi natin kayang madaliin si God. We just have to obey and listen to him.

The readings tell us that. Everything will happen in God’s time. Peace. Blessings. Salvation. Fasting. All in God’s time. While we are waiting for that time to happen, we are supposed to be patiently wait in faith. Serve while waiting on the Lord. Continue living a life pleasing to Him. Continue being peaceful, trusting in faith that in His time, everything will be perfect. Meantime, we just have to be still, know he is God, and serve Him.

Am I impatient? In what ways? Do I believe that God has great plans for us, and that in his perfect time, things will unfold before our eyes? Am I willing to serve him while I’m waiting?

Dear God,
I am sorry for being impatient. Sometimes, even if my intention is good, I become impatient waiting for your plans to come into fruition, and I feel that my plan is better. Forgive me lord for thinking that. Forgive me for being hard headed. Lord, I know that you have great plans in store for me, and now, as I wait on you, I will do my best to be still, be patient, and serve you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...