Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Firm Faith


Again, the readings today show us the importance of faith. Firm faith, that is.
In the first reading, we see Ahaz trembling. Well, initially, we could understand why. There are a lot of people attacking his kingdom. Syempre natatakot sya. Being a leader, that fear goes down to the people under him. Dahil takot ang leader, mas lalong takot ang mga tao.
However, God sent Isaiah to tell Ahaz not to be afraid. “remain tranquil and do not fear, let not your courage fail…” Si God na mismo nagsabi sa kanya ng ganun. Si God na. What else does he need?
You may say that buti pa sya, sinabihan ni God. E ngayon, wala naming prophet na magsasabi sa akin to not be afraid, that God is with me. Well, we don’t need a prophet to tell us that. We have God’s WORD readily accessible to us. When he tells us to not be afraid, we should not be afraid. When he tells us he will take care of us, he will.
Faith should translate into action.
Di pwedeng sabihing may faith ka kay God, pero pag mahirap na ang sitwasyon, bibigay ka na. When the world seem to overwhelm us, we should not lose faith, but rather hold on to it. God himself said in the first reading "unless your faith is firm you shall not be firm.” Our faith will enable God to do great works and unleash his power in our lives. It doesn’t work the other way, that we expect God to prove himself first before we have faith in him.
Do I have a firm faith? How do I react when faced with life’s challenges? When the world seems to overwhelm me and what is happening seem to be overpowering God, how do I react? Do I keep calm and keep firm in my faith in God, or do I panic and do everything in my own power, not God, to fight it?

Dear God,
Thank you for reminding me about faith. Thank you for challenging me to be still and have complete faith in you, especially in challenging times. Lord, I know that life will not always be easy, but I also know that you will always be there to guide and bless me. I just need to have firm faith in you. Help me build that faith, and may my faith bring others to you as well. Amen.
Have a faith filled day!
God bless!

In Christ,
-g-

ps
see related reflections:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...