Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Do you just know him?


The gospel today reminded me that even evil spirits know Jesus and who he is.

When Jesus came to the territory of the Gadarenes,
two demoniacs who were coming from the tombs met him.
They were so savage that no one could travel by that road.
They cried out, "What have you to do with us, Son of God?
Have you come here to torment us before the appointed time?"

Yes, they knew who Jesus was, before other people did. They knew the power of Jesus. We see that knowing Jesus is not enough. Knowing him, his love and his power does not necessarily mean we are his followers. Knowing Him alone does not guarantee salvation. It is easy to know who Jesus is. The harder part is living a life recognizing it.

Knowing God is different from making him God in our lives.

Nowadays, it is easier to know God more. We have technology we can use for that. There are a lot of credible internet resources that would help us know God more. Question is, what do we do with that knowledge. We should live that knowledge of who God is. We should live our lives knowing and acknowledging that He is God.

Do I know who God is? Do I proclaim who God is, not just by mere words, but by how I live my life? Is my life consistent with what I say? IS what I say consistent to what Jesus says? How can I improve the way I proclaim the gospel?

May we be challenged that knowing God is not enough, we should live our lives as a testament of that knowledge, of that faith.

Dear God,
Thank you for the sun today. Thank you for giving us another day to improve ourselves, and to serve you better. Lord, I ask that you help me get to know you more. Help me build my relationship with you, and out of that relationship, may I do what is good in your eyes, for your glory. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-





No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...