Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Great Servant

The gospel today shows how different God’s ways from that of the world.
Rather, whoever wishes to be great among you shall be your servant;
whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave.
Just so, the Son of Man did not come to be served
but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many
As followers of Christ, we should imitate him. We should imitate how he lived his life.
How different Christ is from us. He, the Son of God, came down to our level and became human. Not only that, he came not as a strong and mighty king, but as a baby in a manger in a small town of Bethlehem. No fuzz, no attention to himself.

Christ’s life was of pure obedience to God the Father. It was pure surrender to God’s will, even when it is difficult to. It was pure service to God through human beings, even the unlovable ones. This is a result of Christ’s pure love to God the Father – willing to empty himself and allow God to fill him, to control him, to use him. This is how Christ wants us to live.

Christ came to serve us. He could have asked his disciples or the angels to do all the work. Preaching. Proclaiming. Miracles. Praying. But he did not. He did things himself. Instead of asking others to serve him, the son of God, he came to serve us to the point of death. Napaka baliktad sa mundo natin where  powerful people are being served by those who have less.

Christ was not just a leader, he was a servant leader. Being a servant comes first before being a leader. Thus being a great leader requires being a great servant as well. May this inspire us as we live our lives and build our dreams.

What is my definition of greatness? In what way am I a leader? More than a leader, am I a servant leader? What do I want to do or accomplish with my life? Am I humble enough to let God control my life or do I want things to happen my own way?

Father God,
Thank you for this day. Thank you Lord for reminding me that your ways are not the same as the way of this world we are currently living in. Lord, help me have the desire to strive for greatness, not in terms of this world, but in yours. Help me use my life on earth to prepare for eternity with you. May I desire to serve other people, for in serving them, I serve you Lord. Use me and fill me with everything that is of you as you take away everything that is not of you. This I ask in faith in Jesus name, Amen.

God bless!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...