Friday, July 27, 2012

Loved and Challenged

The first reading continues the theme of this Sunday’s gospel of the good shepherd. God continues to assure us that he will send shepherds after his own heart – shepherds who genuinely care for us and our growth in the faith. We just need to trust in God that he will provide and take care of us.
The psalm assures us again of how important we are to God. He guards us. A good shepherd is willing to die for his lambs. God proved that when he sent his son Jesus who died for us. That’s how much he loves us. That’s how much he protects us from the enemy. That’s how true he is to his word.
On the contrary, God reminds us in the gospel of the importance of bearing fruit. He has done and will always do his part. He will forever be loyal and true to us. His love is constant. He will continue to provide seeds for us – through his word, through other people, through circumstances around us.  The seed, the word of God, will always be there. What will make the difference is what we do with it.
IT is not easy being a follower of Christ. You will experience persecution, especially from people of this world. As followers of Christ, we are not of this world, that’s why the world hates us. Hearing the word is easy. Making it grow in us is the hard part, and allowing it to bear fruit is even harder. That is the challenge to us. That is what we should work on. After receiving and experiencing God’s love in our lives, we are challenged to bear fruit.
Am I bearing fruit? How? Do I allow God to penetrate in my life? Do I spend time studying and reading his word? Do I believe that he will always be there to love, bless and protect me? How do I see God? IS he my protector? My good shepherd?
Dear God,
Thank you for your love. Thank you for your constant love. Thank you that no matter what I do, it will never be enough to make you love me less. Lord, kahit hindi halata minsan, I love you. Help me lord be a good lamb. May I give importance to your word. May I be sensitive to your word. Lord, I pray that I meditate and love your word, that when the time comes, I will be a good soil bearing fruit for you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...