Sunday, September 9, 2012

God does not Disappoint


Today’s WORD (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090912.cfm) remind us that God does not disappoint.

In the gospel, we see Jesus rewarding the faith of the people who brought the man to him. It is inspiring to note that the faith of the people, the faith of the man was used by Jesus to heal and cure the deaf and mute man. We are reminded to have strong faith for our faith can lead others to be cured, out faith can be used by God to bless others.

Jesus goes beyond healing the man. He could have easily spoken a word and the man would have been healed. However, he gave him much more than that. He took him away from the crowd. Probably, even if there are people who had faith who genuinely wanted him to be cured, there may be others who are there just to see if Jesus had the power to cure him, or people doubting God’s power. Jesus took the man away from all those, and spent some time with him alone. He not only took him aside, but also touched his ears and his tongue. Probably Jesus wanted the man to feel that Jesus is really reaching out to him, that no amount of sickness or disease can turn God away from us. Clearly, God does not disappoint, and gives us more than what we want, if we have faith in Him, if we let him take the lead, and if we surrender and let him have control over us.

What do I want God to do for me? Do I have faith that God has the power to do it? Does my faith also bring others to Christ? Do I spend alone time with God? Do I subject myself to him and allow him to do what he pleases with me?

Father God,
Thank you for you do not disappoint all who come to you. thank you for your great love, and your great power. Lord, I am sorry for not spending enough quality time alone with you everyday. I get distracted by the world and do not give you the importance you deserve. Help me always remember how important it is for me to spend quality time with you. Lord, I also ask for faith – for myself and for others. May I also surrender to you and let you take control of my life, for I know you only have the best plans for me. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...