Thursday, September 6, 2012

You Belong to HIM


Today’s WORD (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/090612.cfm) reminds us this truth, that we belong to God.

The first reading again reminds us that we belong to Christ. The psalm reminds us that everything in this world belongs to God. And in the gospel, we see that Jesus called the first disciples. We again see that we belong to Christ, even before we know and recognize him calling us. Even if we do not feel it yet, we belong to Christ.

Belonging to Christ does not end there. We also need to act. We also need to do our part. We can see this in the gospel. We see the faith of these men, even if they do not know who Jesus is. When He asked them to lower their nets, they followed even if they already stayed up all night and caught nothing. We see their faith rewarded. We see our natural disposition to follow God. We just need to act, and like the disciples, followed Christ.

Do I follow my natural disposition that tells me I belong to Christ, or do I ignore it and do whatever I want? On times I don’t feel his presence and love in my life, do I still believe that I belong to Christ? When God asks me to do something, even if I have previously tried on my own and did not get good results, am I willing to give it a shot? Am I willing to trust in him and cast my net into the sea and expect him to surprise me? Am I willing to move my feet, step out of my comfort zone, and follow Him?

Father God,
Thank you for your word. Thank you for reminding me that I have and will always belong to you. Lord, kahit minsan hindi ko nararamdaman, alam ko na I belong to you. Help me stay strong and believe. I also ask that you give me faith. When things doesn’t go my way, may I still be open to you and trust in you, having expectant faith that you will fill me up and surprise me. May I always be willing to step out of my comfort zone and move my feet to follow you. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...