Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Do Your Part


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091812.cfm) encourages us to do our part in building up God’s kingdom.

As in building a house, God needs different things from us as we build God’s kingdom. He gave us different talents and capabilities, and he wants us to use these to build his kingdom. We should not compare ourselves with others, much more be envious of others. God gave us exactly what we need to build his kingdom. It does not matter how big or small you think you’re contributing. What’s important to God is you joyfully use what you have to build his kingdom.

Am I aware of my gifts I can use to build God’s kingdom? Do I use and enhance these gifts? Do I compare myself to other people, and become envious of what they have, or do I just focus on serving God with whatever he has given me?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how important it is to do my part. Thank you Lord for blessing me with what I need to serve you and build your kingdom. Help me focus on you, and joyfully use my gifts and give of myself to build your kingdom. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...