Monday, September 10, 2012

Spotted


Today’s WORD (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091012.cfm) reminds us what we look at in this life.

There are people who are very conscious of how other people speak. They watch the grammar, the diction, etc of other people, and can notice even the tiniest mistake. These people are not necessarily mean, they do not necessarily want to find fault on other people – sometimes they are just OC when it comes to correct grammar and diction, which leads them to notice these things.

However, the scribes and pharisees in the gospel were very different. They were really looking for ways to bring Jesus down. Rather than benefit from Jesus by listening to his teachings, they were there busy finding fault in Him. They chose to see something wrong, instead of what’s right. They constantly chose to close themselves from Jesus and his preachings.

It’s time to think and reflect on ourselves. Do we constantly choose to see the bad in other people, even if these is non exitent? Do we focus on what is evil, instead of focusing on God? Do we let our insecurities and pride take control over us and drive us to see and do evil, especially to people concerned? How can I change my ways to be more iike Christ and not the pharisees and sadducees?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. I pray that I always be sensitive to you and your goodness. May I never let my pride and insecurities make me see and do evil on other people.Today, I will choose to focus on you and not on other things. Amen.

Have a blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...