Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Love


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091912.cfm) remind me how important love is.

Love is very important. Well, it is the root of our salvation history. God’s love. God loves us, that is why he sent his only Son Jesus to save us from our sins. That’s how important and basic love is. All our actions, no matter how great or noble they may seem, should stem out of love for God, manifested through love to other people. Good works, helping the poor, serving and praising God, even faith – if without love, is nothing. All our actions and our motives should be based on love for God, not on ourselves or on any  other thing, so that it will be pleasing to God.

In the gospel, we see people not believing in Christ. However, God’s love is not based on what we give him. He still loves us, even if we reject him. That’s real love, divine love. The gift of God’s love, of salvation, is for all. However, we cannot enjoy it if we will not accept it. Accepting his love is our choice, not his.

When I hear the word love, what is the first thing that comes to my mind, romantic love? What is the intention behind my actions? Am I motivated by a real love for God, of do I do things for human appreciation and acknowledgement? Do I believe that God’s love, forgiveness and salvation is readily available, I just have to accept it?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for reminding me how important love it. Lord, I ask that you expand my heart. Make me love you more than how much I think I can. Make my love for you big that I may love you even if it is not easy to, even when it hurts. In my own little way, may I make you feel how much I love you by extending that love to other people, without expecting anything in return. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...