Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Power of Prayer


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091112.cfm) reminds us how powerful and important prayer is.

In the gospel, we see Jesus spending the night in prayer before making a very important decision – selecting his 12 apostles. These would be the closest to him, and would later on be the foundations of his church. We see how important prayer is. We see how important waiting on God and seeking Him is. In the bible it is emphasized that Jesus prays before and after doing something great, something important. Even if his 3 years in his ministry was all about doing God’s work, it did not suffice for prayer time alone with God. Kung si Jesus, na anak ni God, ganun, what more tayo?

we also see how powerful prayer is. After choosing the 12, they were followed by  huge crowd of people. They came to be healed from their diseases and to be freed from demons. Great power came from him and he healed everyone who came to him. How powerful and important prayer is – because it let’s us be in tune with God, because it equips us to do God’s work and refreshes us as we serve Him.

When faced with important decisions, how do i react? Is my initial reaction to pray, or do I do other things on my own strength? Do I give importance to prayer? Do I remember to thank God after he answers my prayer? How can I strengthen my prayer life?

Father God,
Thank you for the gift of prayer. Thank you for always being available when we reach out to you through prayer. Father God, I ask that you give me the desire to persevere and realize how important and powerful prayer is. May I always set aside quality time so that I can get to know you more, so that I can be more and more like you. All this I ask in the powerful name of your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

1 comment:

  1. The deepest prayer is kind deed, the deepest speech is loving deed..Enlightenment is a state of inner explosion
    gedeprama|bellofpeace.org

    ReplyDelete

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...