Thursday, September 12, 2013

Overflowing


There are times when it is difficult to find the message from God through his word. But the Word today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091213.cfm) is the opposite - there are just a lot of ideas and messages that i felt. It was just overflowing with God's love, guidance and reminders.

The first reading reminds us how wr should treat each other - with love! Kahit nakakainis at nakakabwisit, love them. Bear with one another. Pag pasensyahan mo. Patawarin mo. We are called to act like Jesus to others, to extend love, compassion and forgiveness especially to those whom we feel does not deserve them.

The gospel takes this further. Love your enemies. Treat them well. Do good to those who cannot repay you. Be crazy. Go all out. Let them take whatever they want. Be detached from material things, be detached from yourself, and put others first.

Crazy? Yes, probably.

But the last line is a very beautiful ending - For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you

The crazier we are in serving God, in loving him through others, the crazier and wilder God's reward for us will be. Overflowing too.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for continuously nourishing me and filling me with your love. Thank you for letting yourself be found when I look for you. Lord, I pray that you give me a crazy heart. May I be willing to be selfless and allow you to work in me and through me. Keep me detached from anything of this world so that i may be able to serve you with everything, for i know the reward will be great. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...