Friday, December 7, 2012

God Sees Inside


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120712.cfm) reminds me that God sees the inside.

The movie flywheel is about a man who before his conversion was a shrewd car salesman. In one of the scenes there, a pastor was buying a car from him. Like he always does, he gave him a  not-so-honest deal, making money for himself and putting the buyer on a disadvantage. But since the pastor did not know this, he was so happy with the deal and said a prayer: “Lord, I ask you that you treat Jay just like he treated me today in this deal

The gospel today is similar, in the sense that Jesus used the personal faith of the blind men. “Let it be done for you according to your faith

It is easy to profess our faith. It is easy to say we love God. It is easy to appear good to others. It is possible, like Jay in the movie, to appear to be doing good even if they really are not. However, even if other people do not know what is really inside, God knows. God sees what other people cannot see. God sees our deepest, darkest secrets. God knows our intentions. God knows how much we love him. God knows our faith.

May we not be contented with what other people think of us. May our image or reputation be not as important as the real deal inside of us, the reality in our lives that only God can see.

Father God,
Only you know me. Only you know what is really inside my heart. And I thank you that even if you see all of what is inside, your love for me does not change. Thank you for your great love, for your genuine love for me despite of all my shortcomings, of my deepest darkest secrets. I know how important faith is, and I know how you see the real me, so I ask that you help me improve my faith, to strengthen my spiritual life, even if other people would not see it. May I not look for recognition or a good reputation among others, but work to have a good heart inside that follows you, that serves you, that loves you. Amen.

Blessed Friday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...