Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nothing is Too Small

The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122312.cfm) reminds me that nothing is too small for God
In the world, it is normal to brand people and things. Discrimination is still rampant. That’s why we have labels in events such as VIP or even VVIP. In malls, even guards are intimidated by the people that come inside. They inspect people wearing normal clothes – jeans, shirts, slippers, but sometimes not those wearing long sleeves, dresses, etc.
Good news! God does not discriminate!
In the first reading, and as seen in the gospel, we see a small town being exulted.
Thus says the LORD:
You, Bethlehem-Ephrathah
too small to be among the clans of Judah,
from you shall come forth for me
one who is to be ruler in Israel;
They say God does not choose big people from big cities. He uses little people, simple people like you and me, to do great things for Him. In that way, people would know He is the one working in each and every one of us. God is the one magnified, not us. We need to be simple, to be plain, and allow God to use us for His purpose.
May we desire to be small and simple, and allow God to use us to do great things for and through Him.
In what ways do I want to be big in the world? Why? Do I want to be a small and simple servant of God, or do I want recognition and fame as I serve God?  Do I open up my heart to God and allow him to use me?
Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for this long weekend. Lord, I ask that you help me remember this fact – that nothing is too small for you. You love to use small people and enable them to do great things for you so that your name will be glorified. May I always open up myself and allow you to use me for your purpose. Amen.
Blessed Sunday!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...