Monday, December 31, 2012

Last Day

This last day of the year, the WORD (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/123112.cfm) reminds me to always put Christ as the center.
We know that Christ came to save us from sin. God loves us so much that he sent his only Son. It does not matter what role you play for Christ. Be it like John the Baptist who prepared the way for Christ, as seen in the gospel, or St John who, with the people he exhorted in the first reading, proclaimed Christ and remained true and faithful to Him. Serving Christ is not a contest on who’s better, who’s done more. We all have different roles, and we are expected to give our best – always putting Christ in the center of everything, giving him all the glory and praise.
Do I serve Christ?  Have I served Christ this year? In what way? As I serve him, do I want attention and affirmation with what I do, or do I silently serve him, not wanting attention, but always having my focus on Him?
Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another year.  It has been a great year – yes, there were a lot of challenges, but there were more blessings. I thank you for always being with me, for always being there by my side no matter what I am going through. Lord, as we start another year, I ask that you continue to be with me. Guide me in the path you want me to take. Give me strength to serve you continuously. Help me to continue serving you the way you want me to. Amen.
Blessed Day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...