Saturday, December 1, 2012

Marana tha!


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120112.cfm) reminds me to invite Jesus in my life.

Today, the first day of December, is the last day in ordinary time. We will usher in the season of Advent tomorrow, and as we prepare for the commemoration of Christ’s first coming on Christmas, I believe God is reminding us to invite Jesus in our lives as well.

In the gospel, Jesus gives us a warning. “Beware that your hearts do not become drowsy from carousing and drunkenness and the anxieties of daily life.” It is easy to get lost in the world. There are a lot of distractions and situations that will get us lost in the world. There are a lot of worries that will take our focus out of God. That is why Jesus warns us...and one good and effective way to do this is to invite Jesus in our lives.

How am I preparing for Christ’s coming? Do I remember to focus on God as I live my life, or do life’s anxieties drown my heart? Am I ready and willing to invite Jesus in my life, and live my life with Him in the center?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me so much, even if I am unworthy. Lord, I pray that I act on your Word. Marana tha! Come, Lord Jesus. Come into my life and be the center of it. Come into my life and be my king. I know that as long as you are in my life, life’s anxieties and the world will not distract me from following and focusing on you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...