Sunday, December 9, 2012

Prepare the way

The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120912.cfm) reminds me that we need to prepare the way for God
When we are expecting a special visitor, we prepare. See story here: (http://mysimplereflection.blogspot.com/2012/11/unexpected-visit.html).
In the gospel, we see John preparing the way for Jesus
"Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.
Every valley shall be filled
and every mountain and hill shall be made low.
The winding roads shall be made straight,
and the rough ways made smooth,
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God
Christmas is a few weeks away.  Most of us are preparing our Christmas list, buying and wrapping gifts. We decorate our homes too. However, the essence of Christmas is much much more than all these. We should prepare as we commemorate Christ’s birth. We should also prepare our hearts and our lives to welcome Christ’s coming. The second reading echoes this:
that your love may increase ever more and more
in knowledge and every kind of perception,
to discern what is of value,
so that you may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
filled with the fruit of righteousness
that comes through Jesus Christ
for the glory and praise of God.
May we make the most out of this season, to prepare our hearts and our lives for Jesus. So that after, we will not say we did not feel the spirit of Christmas. It is up to us how much of the Christmas Spirit we will welcome in our lives as we prepare for His coming.

Father God,
Thank you for reminding me how I should prepare my life to welcome you. May I look past the external decorations and representation of Christmas, for I know the essence of Christmas is more than that, is deeper than that. Help me make the most out of this season, and as I prepare for your coming, may I always allow you to use me to touch other people and to make them feel your love as well. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-
Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...