Monday, December 10, 2012

Positive Influence




The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121012.cfm) reminds me how important and powerful influences are.

We know how powerful influences are. People, especially our parents, try their best to protect us from the things that influence our lives. They tell us to choose our friends, because they influence us a lot. They tell us to stay away from BIs or bad influences in our lives. However, there are also PIs or positive influences in our lives that will be beneficial and helpful to us.

The men who brought the paralyzed man show us the power of positive influence. IT was said that Jesus saw their faith, which led to the man’s healing.

And some men brought on a stretcher a man who was paralyzed;
they were trying to bring him in and set him in his presence.
But not finding a way to bring him in because of the crowd,
they went up on the roof
and lowered him on the stretcher through the tiles
into the middle in front of Jesus.
When Jesus saw their faith, he said,
"As for you, your sins are forgiven."

Although the paralyzed man eventually had to stand up and do his part to be healed, the men who brought him to Jesus started his healing. Jesus saw their faith and rewarded them. We do not know if the paralyzed man had this faith initially, or just had faith after the men brought him in and Jesus acknowledged them. We do not know if he wanted to be brought to Christ, or if the men or his friends really had faith in Christ. But what we do know is the men brought him in, started his journey towards healing, and influenced him positively.

May we be inspired by the men and strive to inspire and influence others and bring them to faith in Christ.

Do I surround myself with friends and people who will positively influence me, especially regarding my faith? Do I ask for help from people who will bring me closer to God? Do I strive to be a good and positive influence to others I interact with? Do I bring others to Christ? Do I allow God to use my faith to heal and bless others?  

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the weekend. Lord, I ask that you help me build and strengthen my faith. Help me be a positive influence to others. Use me to bless and inspire others to become closer to you, to build their faith. And help me be aware of the people around me, may I choose people who will inspire me and help be build and strengthen my faith as well. Amen.

Blessed Week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...