Monday, December 17, 2012

Real Human


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/121712.cfm) reminds me that Jesus is indeed a real human being
Humans are different from animals. While it may be true that we can train some animals to act the way we want them to – like sitting, standing, peeing in the right places, etc, we cannot fully understand them. We do not know their language and their real feelings or emotions. No matter how much we love them or we want to know them, interaction between humans and animals are limited, and sometimes are just dependent on what we think. We cannot fully understand animals unless we become animals.
This is the reason Christ became man. He is God, one with God from eternity, but he chose to be man, not so much so that he can understand us, but that we can understand him. He became fully human to let us know that He is one with us, except through sin. He understand what we are going through, he understands the challenges and temptations we face, and he is telling us that by God’s grace, we can overcome these things.
As Christmas comes, let us remember that Christ became fully human to be with us, to relate to us, and to tell us that he understands us, and that with God, we can overcome life’s challenges.
Do I believe that Christ is fully human, or do I see him as far from being one with me? What does Christ’s being human tell me? What challenges in life do I think that Christ can overcome and has overcome? What challenges in my life do I want to ask Christ to help me overcome?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the weekend. Lord, as I start another work week, I ask that you continue to be with me. Amidst all the challenges with the year-end work, help me to have enough time to focus on you and prepare myself spiritually for Christmas. I know that as a human being, you know what I am going through and you will help me overcome challenges and focus on God. Amen.

Blessed week!
In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...