Sunday, December 2, 2012

Anticipation


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/120212.cfm) reminds me how I should act as I wait for Christ.

People generally do not want to wait. We want instantaneous results. We want things answered or done at once. That is why we have a lot of instant in the world – instant noodles, coffee, champorado, etc.. we do not want to wait, especially if we are uncertain of the outcome of what we are waiting for.

However, in the word today, we are reminded that we should learn how to wait. In the first reading, there is a promise to be fulfilled, and they were asked to wait. In the gospel, Jesus tells us what will happen as we wait for his second coming. Waiting is a part of life, and we are reminded in the second reading how we should wait – by conducting ourselves pleasing to God. As we wait for his promises to be fulfilled, as we wait for our prayers to be answered, we should live lives that are pleasing to God, and be ready to welcome Him when he comes.

Advent is here. In a few days, we will celebrate Christmas. May we prepare not only the decors and gifts, but prepare our hearts as well as we wait for Him.

Father God,
There are a lot of times when I am impatient. I do not want to wait. I am anxious about things. I want instant answers to my prayers and questions. Lord, help me wait patiently on you. Help me wait for your answers to my prayers and my questions, for I know that as I wait, you are cleansing me and making me more and more like you. May I live my life in a way pleasing to you, even if there are a lot of things in my mind as I wait on you. May I serve you while I’m waiting on you. Amen.

Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...