Thursday, December 20, 2012

You Know It Already


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/122012.cfm)  reminds me that sometimes, or a lot of times, we know things already. We just need to be reminded of it.

The first reading and gospel have been recently used in daily masses. It is something we’ve heard and pondered upon already. We already know the different messages of these passages. But I believe God is continuing to remind us of his messages, even if these are not new to us anymore.

In life, this also happens. We know the basics – that God loves us enough to send us his only son, that nothing is impossible with God, that we should surrender to God and submit to His will. However, we sometimes forget. We sometimes get impatient and do things our way. We sometimes forget to submit to God’s will and act as if He does not exist. We sometimes forget that anything is possible with Him.

God does not give up on us, and he is patient with us – continuously reminding us of his messages, of his love, of his power, and of his forgiveness. May we always be sensitive and heed his reminders.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you for being patient. Lord, in life, I have experienced a lot of challenges, but a lot more blessings from you. You have never let me down and have always been there for me. Sorry for forgetting these things, Lord, and taking things into my own hand. I ask that you continue to remind me and that I always be sensitive and listen to your reminders. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...