Thursday, May 3, 2012

Asking in His name


Sharing with you an excerpt from today’s gospel

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do,
so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it

What is asking in His name? What is asking in Jesus name? I believe asking in Jesus’ name means putting yourself in His shoes. It is like Jesus himself asking that something to God. Yes, he will grant the requests to glorify God the Father. He will grant the request as long as it is in accordance with God’s perfect will. Even Jesus said this – “take this cup away from me…but not my will, but yours, be done”

This shows what God wants from us. He wants us to seek him first, to subject to his will. Yes, our intentions may be good, it may be to glorify his name. However, that does not always guarantee that it is in accordance to God’s will. As we pray, we should also work on having childlike faith in seeking God’s perfect will first and being humble enough to accept when what we want is not in accordance to his.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...