Saturday, May 19, 2012

Be Inspired and Challenged

The readings today inspire me.

In the first reading, we see Apollos, a Jew who taught and preached about Jesus, even if he only knew the baptism of John. He did not know a lot of things, he did not understand a lot of things, but he was zealous in proclaiming God’s kingdom! He was generous in sharing what little he knows! Then, we see, that God never fails to equip and provide us with the things that we need to serve him. Priscilla and Aquila taught him more accurately, and endorsed him to other brothers. Ang galing =)

The gospel reminded me of what’s in store for us if we continue following Jesus. It’s inspiring to think of this…

The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures
but I will tell you clearly about the Father

Imagine, understanding things about God. Understanding things about the faith. Having a personal face to face conversation with Jesus! Astig diba? Something to look forward to as we live this life on earth, as we continue to serve Him especially when it is not easy to.

I take it as an inspiration and a challenge.

Probably, we know more about Jesus than Apollos when he started. We have lots of personal experiences with him. We know stuff about him. But do we behave like Apollos? Do we proclaim his kingdom? Are we generous to share whatever we know about him to other people, or do we wait until we feel we know enough before we share?

How about our lives? Do we live faithfully to the gospel values, or do we give up when it’s hard to? Are we keeping our focus on God, having faith in his great power and love for us, or are we easily distracted by worldly things?

It is never too late to act on God’s challenges. Let’s start now.

Dear God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for this weekend. Thank you for your word that encourages. I pray that you equip me with the things that I need to serve you and to proclaim your kingdom. I also ask that you always remind me of the prize in store for me as I serve you. May I continue to be a faithful servant of your Son, Jesus. May this weekend not be a time of rest and recreation, but a time to recharge my spirit as well. Amen.

Have a blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...