Saturday, May 5, 2012

Do we really know Him?


Sharing with you an excerpt from today’s gospel

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time
and you still do not know me, Philip?

Jesus asks Philip, hindi mo pa ba ako kilala? Ang tagal na natin magkasama, di mo parin ako kilala?

Jesus asks us the same question today. Do you not know me? How long have we known each other? What else should I do to prove my love for you, to prove my power?

Sometimes we live our lives as if we do not know who Jesus is. When we sin, we seem to forget his great love for us that he died on the cross for us. When we look down on ourselves, we forget that Jesus loves us enough, he deemed us worthy of his love and his life on earth. When we do things our way, we forget that God has his perfect plan for us. When we worry about our worldly problems, we forget that God is in control of everything and that he will provide for us.

God wants us to know him personally. He wants us to build a  deep relationship with him – unlike the Jews in the first reading who rejected him. As we get to know how great God is, we will slowly learn to submit ourselves and surrender to his will. We will slowly allow Him to be God in our lives.

Today, let us ask ourselves, who is God in my life? Do I really know Him? How can I know him better?

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...