Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Came to my rescue

The first reading today reminds us that Jesus comes to rescue us!
After being beaten for their faith, Paul and Silas was thrown to the innermost cell and had their feet tied. Future did not look good for them. However, that did not dampen their spirits. They continued praying and singing in praise and honor of God. Then, God surprised them. He gave them an opportunity to be physically free through an earthquake that opened the doors and broke the chains. However, something greater happened. They did not just escape prison, but they saved the household of the jailer as well.
Ang galing ni God. Never fails. Let us look back in our lives and remember the times God saved us, when God surprised us. It may be as simple as finding an umbrella you forgot you have in your bag when you need it, or as big as saving you from an accident by disrupting your schedule. God saves us each and every day, although we often do not see or realize it. He sends us little miracles everyday to make our life comfortable, to make our live normal in our standards.
Do I have faith in God? Do I know that he will save me? When faced with problems and challenges, do I have faith to say what the psalmist says, “Your right hand saves me, O Lord”, or do I worry too much, think of things too much, and end up doing things by myself?  Am I constantly praising and worshipping God, thus having faith that he would certainly come to my rescue? 
Today, let us be extra sensitive and see how God will come to rescue us – and be grateful for that.
Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...