Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Nothing without Christ


The gospel today is the same as the one last Sunday, however, a different thought struck me today.

Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,
because without me you can do nothing
.

Yes without Christ, we are nothing.

The bible tells us a lot of things that we can do if we remain in Christ. He gives us strength (Psalm 18:22) and we can do all things through Him (Philippians 4:13). His word also says that God gives us peace (Philippians 4:7) and even tells us that with God, nothing is impossible (Mt 19:26). Yes, we can do anything if we remain in Christ, but the gospel today reminds us we are nothing without him.

Do I live my life without Christ?

Do I pray always, as a sign of faith, trust and surrender to God, or do am I too confident and proud to face life on my own, based on my own experiences, talents and skills? Do I wait for God’s plans to come into fruition in my life, or am I impatient and take things into my own hands? Do I know that I am not of this world and am merely passing by, or am I busy living my life to achieve the riches this world has to offer? Am I living consistently with the gospel values, especially during these modern times, or do I compromise these things when it’s not easy, when everyone else do? Is my service deeply rooted in Christ and is done out of love for him, or do I have ulterior motives to be praised and feel good about myself?

May we remember to live with and for Christ, and to remain in Him. He says explicitly that we are and can do nothing without Him.

As his followers, as CHRISTIANs, let us remember that without CHRIST, I Am Nothing.

Stay blessed!



In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...