Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One with God


The gospel today shows how Jesus is one with God. Jesus had God’s glory before coming down to earth to save us. Jesus worked to proclaim God’s kingdom on earth. He came from God. Everything He has is God’s, and everything of God’s is Christ’s. This shows us an intimate bond, the infinite love between God and Jesus. This love enabled Jesus to step down from his glory and become a lowly human like us, not to rule over us, but to serve us and save us, out of love and obedience to God.

An intimate love with Jesus will enable us to do great things for Him, even if it goes against logic. We see this in the first reading. St Paul did not know what awaits him in Jerusalem, but he knows he will experience hardships and imprisonment. Yet, he is still willing to go to proclaim God’s kingdom, to bear witness to him. One can only do that out of great love for Christ!

How about us? Where are we in our relationship with God? What are we willing to do to improve our relationship with Him? What are we willing to do for Him? Where do we want our relationship with God to go?

May we be inspired by Jesus and Paul’s relationship with God, and work on building that in our lives as well.

Prayer:
Dear God,
Thank you for always reaching out to me. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. I ask Lord that today, I become more sensitive to you, that I become more eager to know you. Help be build my relationship with you as I live my life here on earth in service of you. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...