Sunday, March 11, 2012

We will understand and remember


In the first reading, we learn about God. God gives us his commandments, and warns that that he will inflict punishments if we disobey him. In the second reading, we see how great God is – that his foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and that his weakness is stronger than human strength.

In the gospel, we see Jesus getting angry. Yes, we can see that getting angry is not bad, if we are angry because of our love for God. However, what struck me was what he gospel mentioned:

Therefore, when he was raised from the dead,
his disciples remembered that he had said this,
and they came to believe the Scripture
and the word Jesus had spoken.

Jesus said that if they destroy the temple, he will raise it up in three days. The disciples did not understand what he meant when he said that, but when the right time came, when Jesus was raised from the dead, the disciples remembered this and came to believe in the scripture and Jesus words.

This is something inspiring. Even if they did not understand it, the disciples kept his words in their hearts. They still continued to spend time with him, they still continued to follow Him. They did not demand that Jesus explain everything to them, They did not ask to understand all jesus was talking about. They just continued to trust in him, spent time with him, and they eventually understood him

How about us? Do we understand everything that is happening? Do we understand everything that we read in the bible? Do we understand everything Jesus tells us? May the gospel inspire us to press on. Pray even if we don’t understand what’s happening. Continue to read the bible even if we don’t understand what we’re reading. Continue to spend time with Jesus. Continue to trust and have faith in Jesus. In God’s perfect time, we will understand everything and things will make perfect sense.

Have a blessed Sunday!

Prayer:
Father God,
Thank you for your word. Thank you that you continue to talk to me and remind me. I pray that I keep the faith, even if I don’t understand what’s happening, even if I don’t understand what  you want to tell me. Help me remain faithful to you, help me to continue to believe, and help me to have complete faith that I will understand things in your perfect time. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...