Friday, March 23, 2012

It won’t be easy


The readings today tell us that it won’t be easy serving God.  The first reading tells us that there will always be wicked people who would want to give you a hard time for following God. God’s ways are not of this world, and the enemy will always be threatened and angry if we do God’s work. Thus, don’t be surprised if we are persecuted for following God. Being God’s follower doesn’t mean life will be easy, and that problems would be gone.

However, we are encouraged by the gospel. If God does not will it, it will not happen. Christ was able to do his work freely, even if people were plotting to kill him already, because it was not yet his time. Even if things will be hard or harsh, we are reminded that God will always be in control and will allow things to happen on his perfect time and in his perfect way. We should remember that He would not give us something we cannot bear.

Do I expect that because I follow God, things will be a lot easier? Do I ask God to make things easier and more bearable for me, or do I ask Him to be with me as I face life’s challenges?  How do I face life’s challenges? Do I cling on to God?

May we remember what the psalmist says: “God is close to the brokenhearted” – those whose hearts are broken from dying of oneself for serving Him, and those who totally depend on God for strength to carry on.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...