Thursday, March 22, 2012

Intercession at work


The first reading today shows us Moses interceding for the people. We see that God was really angry and was planning to wipe them out and make Moses a great, new nation. Of course, we see Moses talking to God, bargaining with Him not to do what he was intending to, and give the people another chance. God granted Moses’ request.

IT may not be a formal prayer or formal intercession, but we see Moses went “in between” the people and God. He had this close relationship with God that enabled him to make the request. We also see the goodness of Moses, that it was out of love for the people and he had no vested interest. It could have been easier to accept God’s plan to give him a new set of people, rather than plead for the hard headed people. God saw the pureness of Moses’ heart and granted him what he was asking.

The readings warn us not to easily forget what God has done. We Filipinos have a tendency to forget what happened and learn from our mistakes. In the psalm, it was written that “they forgot that God had saved them”, and the gospel shows us Jesus saying “for a while you were content to rejoice in his light” Ang dali nating makalimot. Ang dali nating magsawa. Ang daling kalimutan yung mga biyaya at mga himala na ginawa ng Diyos para sa atin. We tend to forget these things, especially when something new or something interesting come our way. Nakakalimutan na natin si God, naiisantabi na sya. We should be aware of these things, because if we don’t do something, we might find ourselves like the people, worshipping another god already.

Do I also pray for other people? Do I work to have a close and personal relationship with God, not only for myself and my intentions, but so that I may also be able to pray for others? Do I realize that I should keep on praying for others, because I may be the only one praying for them, and that maybe God is just waiting for my prayer? Am I sensitive enough to realize when I am drifting away from God? Do I do something about it?

May we continue to be persistent in prayer, not only for ourselves but for others as well.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...